Wednesday 25 February 2009

The Letter Killeth, but the Spirit Giveth Life

Thanks to my friend Hillary, I recently came across this monologue from Nick Cave.  It is absolutely magnificent and must be shared.  I suspect it will be of more interest to those who a) have a penchant for religious thought and/or b) are at least vaguely familiar with Nick Cave.  These however, are certainly not mandatory prerequisites.  I realize few people read my blog, but it would be interesting to hear some thoughts.  

Part 1



Part 2



3 comments:

Camelia said...

"Life is perpetually creative because it contains in itself that surplus which ever overflows the boundaries of the immediate time and space, restlessly pursuing its adventure of expression in the varied forms of self-realization." - Rabindranath Tagore

Tarantula eyes said...

really quite interesting...if you ignore the extrodinarily cheesy images.

Anonymous said...

I liked see all the different visual versions of Christ. Like each of us, we display a differend vision of him in our lives, with whom we meet. I had never hear of Nick Crave till today. I have been changed in some great yet small way, hearing his take on scripture, God, and Christ. Thanks again for the post.
Roisin